Bloggers Do It Better Challenge






This is my first time participating in a BDIB style challenge “Bloggers Do It Better: Prep School”, the premise was to do your own version of a prep school outfit. Once I actually made up my mind that I was going to give it go and create a prep school outfit, I immediately thought of this pink plaid skirt. Whenever I think of prep school I think of uniforms and what I had to wear back to when I was younger. My uniform consisted of blue plaid skirts and they were not nearly as cute or stylish as this pink plaid mini. This skirt was one of my first purchases from outside the US. I ordered it online form Evans in the UK and if you’ve never been to their website please check it out they have some really amazing stuff for curvy girls.

Anyway back to the challenge outfit, I went with this white ruffle shirt because I wanted there to be more visual interest instead of just doing a plain button up. Then I picked the blazer to tie it together because the open V-neck was the perfect length on top for showing off the ruffles of the shirt. I had originally wanted to wear black knee high’s as well but I couldn’t find them anywhere, and I’m not sure how a pair of tights can just disappear but believe me I looked. Oh well it’s a good excuse to go and buy more. The shoes were a nice final touch the bows on top are just so sweet and cute to me. As for my first challenge, how’d I do?

Blazer: Lane Bryant
Shirt: Gifted
Skirt: Evans
Shoes: Famous Footwear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from you!