This Is How I Color Block





One of my favorite trends as of late especially for the summer is, (drum roll in my head)... Color Blocking! There are endless variations and options to try in your own wardrobe, just think of wearing different colors as your main pieces. But beware the bright color combinations really stand out and call for attention, so be prepared to get noticed. I gotta say thinking in a color blocking way really made me more aware of all the different possibilities in my wardrobe. On a previous post I unknowingly put together a color blocked outfit which you can see here and I wasn't at all trying to color block that time. That's one of the great things about this trend, everyone already owns some color pieces in their clothing and you don’t have to try too hard to create an outfit.

So long story short, I thought I'd purposely give it try and here's what I came up with. This time I went for loud color combos by pairing green, orange and pink together. I did add a neutral accessory in the mix with my shoes only because the skirt is on the short side for me, and anytime I wear something that short I like to do flats or low heels (I know the skirt may not look that short in these pics but I didn't post any shots from the side). Since I'm really loving this trend I'm sure there'll be other color blocking variations in my future. 


Thanks for stopping by... S.I.W.

Cardi: Shopko
Shirt: Gifted
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes: I forget where I got em

1 comment:

Monika said...

perfect color mix:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from you!