Back to Basics...





Ever since the weather started being sunny on a more consistent basis I've been wearing more color in my outfits, which I love! But in wearing more color and prints, I've realized that I need to expand my summer wardrobe to include more subtle colors and pieces. Now of course I love me some bright shades in various colors, as well as a whole lotta loud prints and patterns for the warm summer months. Although every once in a while I like to take a step back from all the wonderful color and just do an outfit with the volume turned down. Not to worry I'm sure I'll be back at full blast very soon.

So I thought I'd change things up today and go with some neutral colors i.e. an all black and white ensemble. Plus I had been dying to wear this stripy top for a while now. I bought it a year or so ago and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it on the rack, the stripes and then those big oversized white buttons just drew me in and I was sold. The shirt is actually a tube top and I was wearing this outfit to work so I needed arm coverage. I went with the white cardi to give a hint of brightness to the outfit. I picked the black skirt because the bubble hem had more of flair to it. I also wanted the bottom to be loose and fall away from my body since the top and cardi were fitted.

Thanks for stopping by... S.I.W.

Cardi: Old Navy
Top: Lane Bryant
Skirt: Gifted
Wedges: Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from you!